Saturday, April 21, 2012

Washi Storage on a Budget

I've been loving my washi tape (now a "collection") and really liked the way it looked in my little clear box. But I've now outgrown it, as I'm sure many others are doing! Fast forward to me taking my daughter to the local dollar store and finding this for $1.99:


Check it out... the plastic dowels come out....


Making it easy to slide my washi tape on! Of course, I had to make sure the tape rolled over the top on each one, just like toilet paper. I can see a whole new debate coming up on Two Peas. :) 


Here it is, loaded with all of my rolls:


The handle rotates, so it could be easily hung up in your scraproom. I'll keep an eye on it as the only possible flaw I could see would be that the plastic dowels would bend with the weight. They could be easily replaced with wood though.


The details:


The great news is that I have room for another 10 rolls or so!!

8 comments:

  1. awesome idea! thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This is a brilliant idea!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inventive! I currently have one of those holding my ribbon collection.

    I was thinking of getting another just to store my tape, and I think you sealed the deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! Awesome storage idea, thank you for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea.. crafters are so creative....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great storage idea for your collection.
    Can you believe I don't have any washi tape. I may get kicked off 2 peas for that, lol.
    After I wrote my blog title on the forum I realized then what it could look like, lol.
    But happy that it brought you to visit me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great storage idea! I bet you are half wanting the plastic dowels to break...because that would mean you have loaded it up with MORE WASHI! LOL!

    ReplyDelete